Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Update #1 and Book Buying Spree Challenge

Hope you're doing well,my fellow participants ,

Please note that all read-a-thon posts are likely to be posted a day late.
Update #1
Yesterday I managed to complete Nancy Drew Files #45 - Out of Bounds.It exceeded my expectations as it turned out to be the third best (Perfect Plot and High Risk are better) Nancy Drew Files book that I've read so far. Overall I'd rate it 3.5 out of 5 stars because it was unpredictable and action-packed.

I had already read 55 pages of the book before the read-a-thon therefore my total for day one was a disappointing 97 pages. I hope to do better today by completing Babysitter's Club #39 - Poor Malllory ! by Ann M. Martin - before and during school I managed to get to page 21 out of  137.

Book Buying Spree Challenge
This concept was created by Bookish Comforts and I myself couldn't wait to give it a go. Unfortunately I'm not old enough to enter the giveaway but I'll do it for fun.
Basically what you have to imagine you've been given $100 to spend on The Book Depository and pick books from your wish list till you reach this total.

My picks :
Sweet Valley Senior Year #21 - The It Guy by Francine Pascal $3.94 
Sweet Valley Senior Year #36 - Tearing me apart by Francine Pascal $3.94
The Babysitter's Club #0.5 - The Summer Before by Ann M. Martin $5.33 
Fear Street #5 - Wrong Number by R.L Stine $5.60 
Fear Street #39 - The Boy Next Door by R.L Stine $5.41
Sweet Valley High #4 - Power Play by Francine Pascal $5.62
Sweet Valley High #3 - Playing with Fire by Francine Pascal $5.65 
Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children the graphic novel by Ransom Riggs $15.86  
Forever by Judy Blume $7.61 
Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume $6.30
Signs of Love #2 - Stupid Cupid by Melody James $7.07
Signs of Love #3 - Paris crush by Melody James $7.97
Signs of Love #4 - Destiny Date by Melody James $7.33
Nancy Drew Files #125 - Teen Model by Carolyn Keene $5.64
Fear Street Superchiller - New Year's Party by R.L Stine $6.99

My Total came to $100.26 

See you tomorrow,
Mimi
xheartx



1 comment:

  1. Aw, too bad you can't enter! It would be so fun to complete that book list.

    ReplyDelete