Saturday 11 January 2014

Bout of Books 9.0 Read-a-thon Update #5 and Book Spines Poetry Challenge

Keep Reading, Keep Breathing,
Update #5 
Yesterday I again managed not to surrender to sleep and woke up earlier so I could finish Sweet Valley Twins #10 - One of the Gang by Francine Pascal. 

It ended up actually being one of the worst Sweet Valley (maybe even THE worst Sweet Valley Twins books) books I've ever read. It did have some good points - such as how Jessica broke her ankle (hilarious) and the last 30 pages or so - however this doesn't redeem the fact that the rest of the book was utterly unexciting. Can't wait for the next book though - it could potentially be the best SVT book ! My verdict of this was 4 stars - all other Sweet Valley books I've rated 5 stars, except for SVH #2 - Secrets which was equally atrocious.

Last night I did a lot more procrastinating than reading, as I only reached page 56 in The Lying Game #4 - Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard.

SERIOSLY THOUGH, IF YOU LOVE THE BABYSITTERS CLUB YOU NEEED TO CHECK OUT THE URL BELOW :
http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/the-definitive-ranking-of-baby-sitters-club-cover-outfits

Anyway today I want to get to page 150, at least, of The Lying Game #4 - Hide and Seek by Sara Shepard.

Book Spines Poetry Challenge

This challenge is pretty simple - you take the titles of the books you have and put them together to make a Poem.

You can compare this year's to last year's if you want by clicking on this URL :
http://abonkersbookaholic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/summer-lovin-read-thon-update-4-my.html

My Attempt (this year) :


(Photo belongs to me)

Charlotte, Olivia,
Best Friends,
Two Weeks in Paradise,

Behind Closed Doors,
Unbelievable Secrets,
Wanted Killer,

Paradise Lost...

Personally I love it because it sounds like the synopsis of an 80's YA novel.

Book Haul Coming soon ?,
Mimi
xheartx

2 comments: